This visa lets the de facto partner or spouse of an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen live in Australia permanently. It is usually only for people who currently hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820).
You paid for this visa when you made your combined application for the temporary and permanent partner visas.
- 75% of applications: 19 months
- 90% of applications: 26 months
With this visa, you can
- live, work and study in Australia indefinitely
- sponsor eligible family members to come to Australia
- apply for Australian citizenship if eligible
- hold a temporary Partner visa (subclass 820)
- in most cases, continue to be in a married or de facto relationship with your sponsor